How could your economic development efforts be enhanced if you were able to quantify the following information for your existing and prospective employers:
- What percentage of your employers expect employment levels to remain steady or increase in the next year?
- What is the average age of the workforce in your area labor market? Is the workforce getting older or younger? What is the age of your available workforce by occupational cluster?
- What percentage of your workforce live within 10 miles of their place of work?
- On average, how many applicants do employers require to fill each open position?
- What percentage of employees possess education attainment of high school or greater? What percentage possess a bachelor’s degree or above
- How do earnings compare to the region, state or US?
- What percentage of employers offer health premium contributions, vacation or wellness programs?
- What percentage of employers have been in operation in their current location for over 10, 30 or 50 years?
- What is the total available workforce in your Area Labor Market?
- What percentage of the total available workforce in the ALM are underemployed?
- What percentage of the total available workforce are seeking different employment or are willing to change jobs for the right opportunity?
- For those who are seeking or willing, what would the right opportunity look like? Desired wages? Desire benefits? Desired commute? How far are they commuting now?
- For those who are underemployed what skills, certifications or educational attainment do they possess that they are not using in their current positon?
- Is the total resident employment living within your ALM increasing or decreasing?
- Is the total employment of workers working in your ALM increasing or decreasing?
- What are the five largest industry sectors of the resident employment in your ALM?
- What are the five fastest growing industry sectors of the resident employment in your ALM?
If you would like to learn more about how GSG can help you certify your workforce assets and win more projects; contact us today for a free live DEMO.